Well, it sure has been awhile, huh? Guys. This year has been a whirlwind. As many of you know, I started this little business back in January. I put together about 30 touch up packs and laughed at myself thinking, "When am I ever going to use all these!?" I've been a little busier than I expected to say the least. I'm so thankful for this little job of mine, for so many reasons. I'll list a few here...
1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being around people on their big days! I love the excitement swirling around a bridal party. I love that feeling that something big is about to happen. I love mimosas and bagels. :) Just kidding, I've turned down more mimosas than I can count this year. I always tell my girls, "I can have that, but you might not like the results!"
2. These guys. My kids are the awesomest and they mean the world to me, but the few months I was a full on stay at home mom were rough. I've worked since I was 16 and it's a big part of my identity. Doing makeup is a great balance. I leave for a few hours on Saturday mornings while they have Daddy time and I can contribute a little to book orders and swim lessons.
3. GIRL TIME. Refer back to #2. I spend my days hanging in boy land, which is cool... but it's also super cool to be around dresses and sparkly shoes and updos and such.
4. I get to give back! For me, taking care of people is a major way to show love to them. I got to do beautiful Kayla's makeup for an amazing princess photo shoot with Double J Photography. I get to teach ladies how to make themselves feel great by looking great! When my young friends are getting ready for their big dances and days I get to be right there with them.
5. Finally... makeup of course! I tell lots of my girls that I got into makeup when I was a preteen and would go blow all my babysitting at the drugstore down the street because that's where I could walk to. I would just go there and walk around and "visit" the makeup... checking out what I wanted to buy, planning my next purchases, seeing what was new. I'd have been in real trouble if YouTube existed at the time. I don't take it for granted what a privilege it is to be doing this!